A Patented Technology
The patented CHLORINE GENIE uses an electrolytic cell submerged in salty brine softened water to produce the chlorine your pool needs. The water is softened by a reverse osmosis system and water descaling system built right into the unit. The electrolytic cell breaks salt and water into the basic elements: chloride, sodium, hydrogen, and oxygen. The chloride ions combine to make pure chlorine which is then mixed with water and dispensed into the pool. The sodium combines with the hydrogen and oxygen and is used to control the pH of your pool water. The pH of most pools can be kept in balance without using commercial acid or soda ash!
The Chlorine Genie is an incredibly simple solution to setup and maintain. The only inputs to the system are salt and water.
The CHLORINE GENIE easily fits in with your existing pool equipment. With a footprint about the same size as a pump, filter, or heater, the Chlorine Genie can be placed almost anywhere. The only requirements for a proper installation are:
- A level base above the level of the pool water in a well-ventilated area
- Within 50 feet of a fresh water supply
- Within 12 feet of a GFCI protected 110v-120v outlet
- Within 10 feet of the pool pump
Once the Chlorine Genie is installed, just add salt, turn on the water, plug the unit in, and chlorine production is automatic. Detailed installation instructions can be found in the Installation Manual. To learn more about how the Chlorine Genie works and how to configure it to your pool, please refer to the Operating Manual.
- Genie uses softened tap water, so cells stay cleaner… requiring less service.
- Genie’s salt goes right into the brine tank… not in the pool.
- Genie uses a small amount of tap water… not hard pool water.
- Genie manufactures its own acid and base products…eliminating pH problems.
- Genie makes chlorine every day… reducing pump run times and energy consumption.